Please browse through the posts below and if you feel any would suit your abilities then click through to the online application process.
You will need a CV/Resume and a covering letter you can upload from your computer to complete the process.
If none of the currently available posts is appropriate but you would like to regsiter your interest in working for Demerara Distillers please use this link to register. We will keep your information for a year.
Demerara Distillers Limited seeks a suitably qualified and experienced Engineer to manage our power generation, transmission and distribution network, so as to ensure the entire power supply system is safe, reliable and optimal.
The ideal applicant is highly motivated, committed, an efficient multi-tasker who can work independently, and an effective leader who takes full ownership in ensuring that a forward-looking approach is taken towards meeting the current and future energy needs of the Company.
Key Functions of this Post are to:
- Plan, direct and supervise the operation and maintenance of the Power Station and the Transmission & Discussion network, ensuring all equipment are optimally utilized & maintained.
- Ensure that all power generation reports, inventory and equipment check sheets are completed and analysed to ensure safe, reliable, and optimal operation.
- Carry out periodic inspections and evaluation of maintenance and upgrade needs, routine servicing, repairs and major overhauls, to ensure that required works are planned and executed in accordance with manufacturer’s recommended schedule and best practice.
- Plan and manage the departmental budget and plant inventory, ensuring that all materials/parts required are adequately stocked, and relationships with external support are maintained.
- Ensure all occupational health & safety, environmental management, facilities maintenance, and other operational requirements are kept in strict compliance with the Company’s established standards.
- Direct, supervise, train, and develop staff in plant operation and maintenance, covering both the electrical and mechanical aspects of the power system.
Do you possess the following?
- Degree in Engineering and preferably five years relevant experience;
- Sound technical knowledge of electrical/mechanical power generation equipment, including their maintenance, troubleshooting and repair requirements;
- Familiarity with up-to-date engineering and other relevant standards and best practices.
An attractive compensation and benefits package is offered, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you’re keen about joining our team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a global reach, then send in your application. The closing date for applications is Monday, June 8, 2020. There are three (3) ways to apply:
- Submit online via this website.
- Send an application via mail to:
Demerara Distillers Limited
Plantation Diamond, East Bank Demerara